As one of the best countries for gastric bypass surgery in the world
Iran has a lot to offer for those who want to have gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass surgery in Iran
As one of the best countries for gastric bypass surgery in the world
What is Gastric bypass surgery?
A gastric bypass is a weight loss surgery for people who has obesity problem. The surgical staples are used for creating a small pouch at the top of your stomach and the pouch is then connected to the small intestine and the rest of the stomach will be missed. It means that you may need less food to feel full and as a result you would absorb fewer calories from the food you eat.
All these procedures will done with laparoscopic techniques with the least remaining scar.
Unlike intra Gastric balloon and Gastric band that make lots of difficulties for patients after the surgery, Gastric bypass will not make difficulties in eating after your healing.
As the price of this surgery is cheaper in Iran in contrast with other countries, many people prefer to travel to Iran where you can get the most effective result.
How long does Gastric bypass surgery take?
What kind of anesthesia is used for Gastric bypass surgery?
It is performed under general anesthesia. Most anesthesiologists believe this is safer for the patient, since the airway is well protected by the breathing tube.
How long does it take to recover from gastric bypass surgery?
1-3 months depending on your body situation.
How long do you need to stay in clinic after your surgery?
How long do you need to stay in Iran?
To ensure your health, you need to stay in Iran for 7-9 days
When you can go back to work?
It takes around 14-21 days for you to go back to work.
What are the different kind of Gastric bypass surgery?
- Classic Gastric bypass
- Mini Gastric bypass
- Sausage Gastric bypass
Note: Depending on your tests and on your food diet, the surgeon will decide which kind of Gastric bypass in suitable for you.
Is Gastric bypass good for improving the body health?
The absolute answer to this question is “Yes”.
In addition to weight loss, gastric bypass surgery improves the condition relating to obesity and being overweight, including: Heart disease, High blood pressure, Obstructive sleep apnea, Diabetes and fatty liver
What does Awat surgical team offer to you?
- Awat surgical team, consist of the best surgeons and surgical assistants and the best anesthesiologists are here to help you with your cosmetic surgery.
- Your surgery will be done in the best hospital of Iran with the best and advanced equipment in order to ensure your health.
- In order to eliminate the risk of embolism for our dear patients, we use special equipment known as DVT pomp (also known as Pneumatic pomp) and TED socks during your surgery. Also after your surgery you will get some shots of enoxaparin ampules to ensure your health (based on doctor’s diagnosis)
- Gastric bypass surgery (known as bariatric surgery) is conducted by our surgeons which have fellowship and subspecialty in laparoscopic and bariatric surgeries.
- Also, because you are a person travelling from another country to Iran with the help of a medical tourism team, you won’t need to stay in a waiting list.
- Gastric bypass is the most effective bariatric surgery, resulting in a significant weight loss in people who are suffering from severe obesity. It is the second most common weight loss surgery after gastric sleeve.
- Attractive costs: Gastric bypass surgeries are performed in Iran at an affordable cost, compared to other countries. Depending on different factors including the doctor, hospital and clinic’s fees, and etcs, Gastric bypass surgeries costs around $3000 – $5000 in Iran (depending on surgical technique which is selected for you).
- Last but not least, we present our medical and surgical services in packages in order to support our patient and facilitate your stay in Tehran.
Our packages included:
Our team consist of many surgeons with different subspecialty including plastic subspecialty. Upon your body type we offer the best surgeon which is the best, based on your need.
2. Clinic and hospital
Our team is active in different hospitals and clinics and upon your request we can offer you the best place for your surgery.
We work with a group of three- to five-star hotels in Tehran. Depending on the type of package you choose and the location of the hospital or clinic where you are going to have the surgery, we arrange the most suitable hotel for you.
We provide breakfast, lunch and dinner each day for you. Also, as your food diet after your surgery is important, we provide it in a way which is the best for your healing.
Note: please inform us if you have any special diet like vegetarians so that we will take into attention.
- Picking you up from the airport and back
- Taking you to doctor’s office and back
- Taking you to hospital for your surgery and back
- Taking you for your photography and preoperative tests and back
- One night city tour
A professional nurse will be provided for you after your surgery in order to meet your needs.
Note: We will provide 3 times visit by our nurse to give you special massage in order to shape your body after the liposuction and removing bloody seruma. This massage is very important for getting the complete result from your surgery
Providing the drugs which the doctor prescribes for you
8. Accessories which you need for your surgery
9. Photography and preoperative tests
(Note that there is a separate fee for visa that the patient must pay, which is not part of this package)
Our translator will be with you in order to help you communicate easily
12. City tour
We offer you one night outside visit.
13. SIM card and internet
Note 1: This package is optional and if you weren’t interested, we can just support you with your surgery.
Note 2: our surgical assistant and translator will be in contact with you before your surgery, during your stay in Tehran and after your surgery for fallowing you up.
What to expect before, during and after the surgery in Iran?
Before your surgery you will get consultation from our professional assistants and everything will be described for you totally.
When you arrived in Tehran our translator and assistant will meet you. A contract which includes all our services and commitments and prices will be signed between you and Awat surgical team and all your needs and questions will be described totally. All these procedures are conducted to promote your trust.
Anxiety before surgery is a common feeling. Also when you are travelling from a foreign country to Iran there are lots of other concerns and all these are enough for your full stress.
First of all you need to know that it is a natural feeling that will happen for each patient.
Secondly, our team will support you to eliminate all your worries. We will meet all your needs to make you more comfortable.
Lastly, before your surgery you will be given medicine in order to reduce your stress and feel an ease.
So stay positive and be ready for your great experience in Iran and change your life style.
During your surgery you are totally unconscious and you will not feel any pain.
During the first few days after your surgery, you may have pain that by using your drugs and following your doctor’s order it will gradually goes away.
You would have 4-5 incision that are about 3 centimeters which will go away gradually by time.
You need to care about what you can eat the first few weeks after your surgery that we will consult and help you with it.
When you were ready to go back to your country we will provide a list of do’s and don’ts for you in order to reduce your healing time.
Before and after photos
Take a look at some of our before and after surgery photos to become familiar with our work